Will THIS Provocative Heineken Commercial SELL Beer?

Will this provocative long form commercial sell beer or just win advertising awards?

6.5 million people have seen it on YouTube alone.
But will it make them reach for a Heineken?

What do you think?

Tsufit
Author, Step Into The Spotlight! : A Guide to Getting Noticed

P.S. Grab my 11 free Spotlight Secrets series re how to stand out in 30 seconds at www.SpotlightSecrets.com

Be Sociable, Share!
6 Comments on Will THIS Provocative Heineken Commercial SELL Beer?

6 Comment(s)

1. No website in the end ? I would have loved to see this ending with a http://www.openyourworld.beer or http://www.openyourworld.heineken

Jea Guillon | May 1, 2017 | Reply

2. Jea,
    I guess this is what they call “image advertising” where they’re trying to associate their brand with making the world a better
    place. Kinda like Dove does in its commercials about self image for women like Evolution and the one where women had to
    choose which door to go in “Average” or “Beautiful”.

Tsufit

tsufit | May 1, 2017 | Reply

3. I don’t know if it would convince others to buy their brand, but if I drank beer, I would support them by using their product. It’s unfortunate that the ad is too long to be run on most American TV channels.

Carmen Farmer | May 3, 2017 | Reply

4. Yes, it is kinda long, Carmen. I wonder if they also created a 30 second version. I wonder how long the Dove spots are, the ones that get all the views on YouTube.

tsufit | May 4, 2017 | Reply

5. WOW! I love this commercial! And I love that it’s not only about breaking down the barriers (something I devote significant energy to)—but that the sell IS so low-key. That there isn’t the weblink to heineken/betterworld, that there isn’t anyone hitting us over the head with “our brand cares” messaging.

I think it could sell quite a lot of beer, long-term. After all, if you can get ME to share a beer commercial (and I am going to share it)

Shel Horowitz | May 4, 2017 | Reply

6. Glad you’re going to share it, Shel. We do need more people sitting down together and talking. Re selling beer, the only challenge is whether people will sit for 4 minutes to watch anything that doesn’t involve grandma eating crocodiles nowadays. I did beer surveys as a kid, calling people to see if they knew which commercial went with which beer. Will people remember it’s from a beer brand or from Heineken? (Again, if they watch that far.)

tsufit | May 4, 2017 | Reply